Details on how and when to lodge applications will be included in all advertisements for vacant positions. Applications and resumes must only be lodged electronically to the nominated email account. All positions open to external applicants are listed on the ERLC website and in our monthly eNewsletter. Positions may also be advertised in the Saturday Age. If you are interested in a position with ERLC, you should register as an ERLC member to receive our eNewsletter.
Branch Manager Knox
|Senior Branch Manager||Knox Library (Westfield Shopping Centre)|
|Band||6 [Level A-C]|
|Permanent Full Time||38 hours per week|
|Salary||$92,094 to $100,579 + superannuation|
About the Opportunity
As the Branch Manager Knox, you would be:
- Planning, coordinating, and managing one of our busiest libraries.
- Leading a team to deliver high-quality library services to the Knox community.
- Part of our senior management team.
- Helping our Corporate Management Team to develop collections, resources, programs and events that meet the needs of the Knox community and our broader region.
- A natural and dynamic leader.
- Have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Interested in a versatile role that challenges you.
- Committed to operating within a high-level customer service culture.
- Always happy to give it a go- try new things – and sometimes fail, but in a supportive environment.
- Ability to manage, motivate and mentor staff.
- Experience in managing a very busy public library or similar organisation and/or equivalent retail outlet.
How to apply
Applications can only be made online. Hard copy applications will not be considered.
1. Complete the Microsoft Application Form here
The Application Form focuses on:
- Your Personal Details
- Provides an opportunity to introduce yourself via cover letter
- Selection Questions
- The last three years of your career.
- Key highlights of your career
- Your skills, not limited just to library skills
- Extracurricular activities with associations, charities, etc.
- What makes you passionate and determined?
- What excites you in a job?
- What excites you in life?
- Why do you think ERL might be a good fit for you?
Closing date & time
Applications close noon Thursday 5 November 2020 .
Specific enquiries about the application process, Position Description and Conditions of Employment can be directed to:
Ph: 9800 6402
E: [email protected]
Thank you for your interest in this position. We look forward to receiving your application.
Working in Public Libraries
If you are interested in more information about working in Public Libraries or qualifications / course availability please visit: www.alia.org.au
Work Experience is the short term placement of students with “host” employers, to provide insights into the industry and the workplace in which they are located. Students are placed with employers primarily to observe and learn – not to undertake activities which require extensive training or experience.
Work experience students include:
- Secondary College students participating in a school coordinated work experience program or school community placement programs
- Library related industry placement students – e.g. RMIT, TAFE, University and other TAFE courses such as Certificate 1 in Work Education
- Youth organisations undertaking community service certificates e.g. Queen’s Guide, Duke of Edinburgh
If you are interested in work experience at one of our branches please contact the Branch Manager at that branch.
All enquiries about Community Service Placement from the Department of Corrective Services or Specialist Work Company Placements for “special needs clients” should be directed to:
Corporate Manager – Operations
Eastern Regional Libraries
1350 Ferntree Gully Road
SCORESBY VIC 3179
Please note that branches only take between 1-2 students per term, depending on the size of the branch.
Some Eastern Regional Libraries branches use volunteer services for Home Services. This entails delivering books chosen by library staff to housebound patrons in the local area. If you are interested in volunteering please visit the Volunteers page.