We want to hear from you
Locations & Hours
Library CapacityMontrose Library is currently limited to 55 visitors at a time (including children under 12).
- Monday 9.00am-1.00pm & 2.00pm-5.00pm
- Tuesday 9.00am-1.00pm & 2.00pm-5.00pm
- Wednesday 9.00am-1.00pm & 2.00pm-5.00pm
- Thursday 9.00am-1.00pm & 2.00pm-5.00pm
- Friday 9.00am-1.00pm & 2.00pm-5.00pm
- Saturday 10.00am-12.00pm
- Sunday Closed
935 Mount Dandenong Tourist Road
Free parking is available and located at the rear of the library building. Two accessibility spaces are available at the front of the building. One 1hr parking space is also available at the front of the building for quick visits.
An after hours return chute is available, located to the far left of the front door. To open the chute a library card barcode is required.
- Public toilets: Male/Female/Accessible, baby change (in the accessible toilet).
- Photocopier: Black & White, Colour
- Internet: Two public access Internet PCs and one catalogue PC
- Community Room and Meeting Room available for hire through Yarra Ranges Council Venue Hire at [email protected] or 9294 6512
Approach to main entrance: Easy access from carpark at the rear of the library or accessibility spaces at the front. Wheelchair and pram access from both carpark areas and automatic double doors opening into the library. The library is on one level and there is good access around the shelving.
Montrose Library re-opened on May 27th 2017. Located in an attractive garden setting, the Montrose Town Centre, Maternal Child and Health and Library combine to offer the public a community library exciting range of programs and workshops. These include the concert series, movie club, speaker series, performance platforms, concerts. The library has book groups, story-time, school holiday activities and the potential of further interest groups, such as knitting/crocheting. The venue is available for hire, meetings, training sessions and private functions.