We want to hear from you
Locations & Hours
Library CapacityRealm is currently limited to 100 visitors at a time (including children under 12).
- Monday 9.00am-1.00pm & 2.00pm-8.00pm
- Tuesday 9.00am-1.00pm & 2.00pm-8.00pm
- Wednesday 9.00am-1.00pm & 2.00pm-8.00pm
- Thursday 9.00am-1.00pm & 2.00pm-8.00pm
- Friday 9.00am-1.00pm & 2.00pm-8.00pm
- Saturday 10.00am-1.00pm & 2.00pm-5.00pm
- Sunday 10.00am-1.00pm & 2.00pm-5.00pm
Ringwood Town Square
179 Maroondah Hwy
179 Maroondah Hwy
When arriving via Ringwood Bypass, enter from Ringwood Street at West 5. If you arrive from Warrandyte Road, use entry East 6. Additionally, there are two minute parking zones and taxi zones adjacent to the northern curb of Maroondah Highway.
After hours returns chute available in Ringwood Town Square, next to Holey Moley & Anytime Fitness.
- Public toilets: Male/Female/Accessible, baby change
- Changing Places – fully accessible public toilet, providing adult change facilities for people with severe or profound disabilities.
- Parents room with microwave
- Photocopier: Black&White, Colour & Scanning
- Internet: 10 computers on Ground Floor and 14 computers on Level 1
Enter Realm from the Town Square off Maroondah Hwy in front of Eastland, opposite Ringwood Station. Escalators from Eastland give direct access to the Town Square. The library is located on Level 1 of Realm, accessed by stairs and 2 lifts. One lift is extra-large and will accommodate several wheelchairs and prams.
The first Ringwood Branch Library was built in Warrandyte Road, Ringwood and opened in May 1970. Ringwood and Knox Libraries were the foundation members of the Eastern Metropolitan Library Service. The Library moved to the Eastland Shopping Centre in March 1995 and in October 2013 returned to the original Warrandyte Road building while Realm – Library, Learning and Cultural Centre and a new Town Square was constructed in Eastland. Realm opened on October 29 2015. The new, state-of-the-art Centre integrates a library, a knowledge and innovation centre, an art gallery, a cafe and Council service centre.
Public Holiday Openings
Realm is open between 10:00am and 5:00pm on Australia Day, Labour Day, Easter Saturday, Easter Monday, Queen's Birthday, AFL Grand Final Friday and Melbourne Cup Day. It is closed all day on Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year’s Day, Good Friday, Easter Sunday and ANZAC Day.