Branch LocationRingwood Town Square
179 Maroondah Hwy
Opening HoursMonday: 9am - 8pm
Tuesday: 9am - 8pm
Wednesday: 9am - 8pm
Thursday: 9am - 8pm
Friday: 9am - 8pm
Saturday: 10am - 5pm
Sunday: 10am - 5pm
ContactPhone: 9800 6430
Branch DetailsThe first Ringwood Branch Library was built in Warrandyte Road, Ringwood and opened in May 1970. Ringwood and Knox Libraries were the foundation members of the Eastern Metropolitan Library Service. The Library moved to the Eastland Shopping Centre in March 1995 and in October 2013 returned to the original Warrandyte Road building while Realm – Library, Learning and Cultural Centre and a new Town Square was constructed in Eastland. Realm opened on October 29 2015. The new, state-of-the-art Centre integrates a library, a knowledge and innovation centre, an art gallery, a cafe and Council service centre.
- Public toilets: Male/Female/Accessible, baby change
- Changing Places – fully accessible public toilet, providing adult change facilities for people with severe or profound disabilities.
- Parents room with microwave
- Photocopier: Black&White, Colour & Scanning
- Internet: 10x 15 minute computers on Ground Floor and 12 one hour computers on Level 1
- Four study pods are available. Bookings are required and can be made by phone or online.
Access InformationEnter Realm from the Town Square off Maroondah Hwy in front of Eastland, opposite Ringwood Station. Escalators from Eastland give direct access to the Town Square. The library is located on Level 1 of Realm, accessed by stairs and 2 lifts. One lift is extra-large and will accommodate several wheelchairs and prams.
Car ParkingWhen arriving via Ringwood Bypass, enter from Ringwood Street at West 5. If you arrive from Warrandyte Road, use entry East 6. Additionally, there are two minute parking zones and taxi zones adjacent to the northern curb of Maroondah Highway.
Return Chute AvailabilityAfter hours returns chute available in Ringwood Town Square, next to David Jones.
Public Holiday OpeningsRealm is open between 10:00am and 5:00pm on Australia Day, Labour Day, Easter Saturday, Easter Monday, Queen's Birthday, AFL Grand Final Friday and Melbourne Cup Day. It is closed all day on Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year’s Day, Good Friday, Easter Sunday and ANZAC Day.
Acting Team LeaderLiam Blandon
Ongoing Events & Activities
- Brunch with an Author: These intimate author talks are held throughout the year, on the last Sunday morning of the month. Speakers in 2018 include Toni Jordan, David Astle, Kim Hodges and more. Check the events calendar for dates and to reserve your place.
- eLearning One-to-One: These free, 45-minute one-on-one sessions can help you learn to use your new device, and how to connect to library services, while connected to library WiFi. We can help you set up an iPad, download eBooks, connect to social media, download free magazines, and more. For bookings, please call 9800 6430.
- Bookchat: Join us for a warm, lively and stimulating discussion where people share their recent reads, talk about authors and new books, and enjoy a coffee or tea. Held on the last Wednesday of the month, 2pm-4pm.
- CoderDojo Realm: A free coding, robotics and electronics club for kids aged 7-17. Run by a group of motivated volunteers. Sessions every 2 weeks, on alternating Saturdays and Sundays. For information on session times, or to reserve your place, please click here.
- Conversation Café: Is English your second language? Then these sessions are for you. Meet our friendly group, focus on a new topic each week, and improve your English skills over a cup of coffee. Held weekly on Friday mornings, 10:30am.
- Pop the Popcorn! Family Movie Nights: Our cosy kids' area is perfect for movie-watching as a family. See your favourite kids' books brought to life on the last Friday of the month, 5pm.
- Realm Writers Group: Beginner and experienced writers are invited to these free monthly sessions, curated by local freelance copywriter Carmen Thornton. Find starting points for your writing, unlock your creativity, and explore place, character, point of view and plot, all over a coffee. Held on the last Saturday morning of the month, 10am.
- Migrant Information Centre Homework Group: Organised by motivated volunteers from the Migrant Information Centre, this homework group helps recent migrants and refugees every Wednesday afternoon. For more information, call MIC on 9285 4888.