Writing The Rainbow is a festival of LGBTIQ writers and readers hosted at Realm, Ringwood. The festival explores stories and ideas, focusing on text, performance and the experience of reading in the context of queer history, language and discourse.
As well as talks by acclaimed authors, there is a workshop for emerging writers, rainbow family storytimes for kids, quiet reading for reflection and relaxation, some cabaret and live music for fun, plus plenty of books to talk about.
Please join us and celebrate the rainbow!
Nevo Zisin is an educator, public speaker, Jewish, transgender, queer and feminist activist, and youth leader. They are the author of Finding Nevo, an autobiography about gender and the always complex journey towards self-affirmation.
– a vampire adventure in modern Melbourne
– Sherlock Holmes and John Watson falling in love across time
– a racy lesbian romance in the Middle East
– two flightless people discovering each other in a world of wings
– a rock band that fights monsters with magical music
– a queer paranormal thriller set in the heart of London
Monday 23 September,
5:30 – 7:30pm
Tuesday 24 September,
6:30 – 7:30pm
Speculative writing, fearless storytelling