Ferntree Gully Library
Branch Location1010 Burwood Hwy
Ferntree Gully 3156
Opening HoursMonday: 9am - 8pm
Tuesday: 9am - 8pm
Wednesday: 9am - 8pm
Thursday: 9am - 5:30pm
Friday: 9am - 5:30pm
Saturday: 10am - 1pm
ContactPhone: 9800 6455
Branch DetailsFerntree Gully is often called ‘the library in the park’, and the light, bright atmosphere carries into the building through the big glass windows. There is a warm friendly feeling inside whatever the weather, and parking is a breeze. For children there is an adventure playground close by in the park, ideal for a picnic.
- Public toilets: Male/Female/Accessible, baby change
- Photocopier: Black & White, Colour
- Internet: 9 public access Internet PCs (plus one 10-minute PC)
- Genealogy PC
- Ferntree Gully Community Centre is located in the same building.
Access InformationThe library is on one level with good wheelchair/pram access around the library.
Car ParkingFree parking 20 metres from the front entrance, there is also a 5 minute quick drop off in front of the library. There is one accessible parking space in the main carpark. Approach to main entrance: Brick ramp leading to the front entrance with one set of automatic doors.
Return Chute AvailabilityAfter hours return chute available.
Branch ManagerDenise Hibbs
Ongoing Events & Activities
- Bookchat: Learn about authors, browse some of the latest titles, chat about books that you have enjoyed. Library staff share their favourite books with you. Happens on the third Thursday of each month at 2:30pm.
- Colouring Workshop for Adults: Enjoy a relaxing cuppa while enjoying a colouring workshop! Bring your own pencils if you have them. Every second Thursday of the month from 2:30 pm. For more information check the "What's On" events guide.
- Knit and Crochet for Charity: Join our group of dedicated knitters and crocheters making items for charity. Please bring wool, and knitting needles or crochet hook. Patterns are available. Happens on the first Friday of the month from 2- 3pm.