Branch Location5 Civic Square
Opening HoursMonday: 9am - 8pm
Tuesday: 9am - 8pm
Wednesday: 9am - 8pm
Thursday: 9am - 8pm
Friday: 9am- 8pm
Saturday: 9am- 4pm
Sunday: 1pm- 4pm
ContactPhone: 9800 6448
Branch DetailsCroydon Library recently celebrated 40 years of operation in the community. The library has a wall of windows overlooking the small lake and many people visit the library to sit, read and admire the view. The building also houses the Croydon Historical Society. There are four children’s storytimes a week at Croydon and there are large collections of adult fiction, large print, biographies and military history. Family History resources are also located at Croydon.
- Public toilets: Male/Female/Accessible, baby change (in the accessible toilet).
- Photocopier: Black & White, Colour
- Internet: Twelve public access Internet PCs (includes two 10-minute PCs)
- Genealogy PC
Access InformationApproach to main entrance: Wheelchair/pram access to the entrance from the carpark. There are two sets of automatic front doors. Internal access: The library is on one level. There is wheelchair/pram access around library. Two Catalogues are on high benches with another on a low bench for accessibility.
Car ParkingFree parking at the nearby Woolworths shopping centre. Restricted parking at the side of the library near council offices.
Return Chute AvailabilityAfter hours book chute available.
Branch ManagerSue Pitt
Ongoing Events & Activities
- Bookchat: Join us for an interesting session about what people have been reading recently, please bring along what you have read as well. Afternoon tea provided. Third Thursday of the month at 2pm.
- Family History Help: Ask an expert for help navigating the vast family history resources available at your local library. Please call 9800 6448 to make a booking.
- Maroondah Homework Support Program:This free and supervised program can provide space to:
- Seek assistance from tutors
- Access computers
- Get help with language difficulties
- Meet other students
- Make new friends