Stage 4 Restrictions
In these unsettled times, it’s comforting to know that we can still keep reading!
- The digital library is always open – read, listen, watch or learn 24/7
- Enjoy over 100 storytime sessions on our Youtube channel along with Boredom Busters, Cooking demonstrations and more!
- You can also view videos on our Facebook page
- We will continue offering Click for Home Delivery for those in need
Our heartfelt thanks for your continued support and kind words. Please stay safe and well.
We look forward to welcoming you back at the library in the future.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is it?
A free postal service that allows vulnerable members of our community to keep on borrowing from the library under Stage 4 stay-at-home restrictions. A box of library items will be delivered to your address by courier or Australia Post.
The service is available to people who live in the City of Knox, City of Maroondah or Shire of Yarra Ranges.
How do I get started?
There are a few different ways to get started:
- If you already have holds waiting to be collected, you can log in to your account and select ‘Yes Mail Them’.
- If you haven’t already placed holds, you can log in to your account and let us know of your reading preferences or ask us to surprise you.
- If you are unable to access your account you can ring your local branch and they will organise a selection for you based on your reading preferences.
- You can place holds on items that you want, or ask the library to make a selection for you, by logging into your account on the catalogue, phoning your local branch or ringing 1300 737 277.
- You will need your library card number and PIN to place holds through the. If you don’t know your PIN, reset it cataloguehere.
How much can I borrow?
We will fill all boxes that are sent out. If there is room, library staff will include other material following your advice or we will make a selection. It may not be possible to include all your requests in one box; we will do our best.
Each member can request one delivery every 3 weeks.
When will my package arrive?
Depending on where you live, your parcel will be delivered by courier or Australia Post eParcel service.
If your parcel is being delivered by courier, we will email you the day before it will be delivered. You can leave out items to be returned when you are expecting a delivery (see below).
Unfortunately, we can’t tell when your parcel will be delivered if it has been sent via Australia Post.
How do I return my items?
You do not need to return your items until stage 4 restrictions are lifted, however, if you are emailed about a library delivery, you can place items for return in a box and leave them for the courier to collect. You can use the box from the library, or another similar-sized one, clearly marked Returns for Eastern Regional Libraries. A returns sticker is supplied with each delivery.
What if I don’t want my holds posted to me?
You can suspend your hold/s for a designated time (e.g., two months) and you will return to the same queue position when the time is up, or you unsuspend your hold.
You can either do this by logging into your account online here or getting in contact with our friendly staff.
What else do I need to know?
- Staff are available to take your call between 9am-5pm on weekdays.
- Practise good hand hygiene when handling any materials from the library.
- If you, or anyone in your household, has been unwell please do not return library materials until everybody has fully recovered.
- Priority is given to requests from members who live within the City of Knox, the City of Maroondah and the Shire of Yarra Ranges.
THE FOLLOWING RULES WILL APPLY TO EVERY VISITOR:
- Do not enter the library if you are feeling unwell.
- A membership card must be scanned before entering and on leaving the library. If you are not a member, you can join immediately.
- The hand sanitiser provided MUST be used on entry to the library.
- PC bookings are limited to one hour per person, per day. WiFi, printing and scanning are available.
- Cash payments are no longer accepted. Only credit/debit card payments available.
- No food or drink permitted in the library.
In the interest of everybody’s health:
- A visit has to be as short as possible. It is not recommended that anyone stay in the library longer than one hour.
- You may be asked to leave the library.
- Please practice good hand hygiene at all times.
Please adhere to these rules as they are designed for our members and employees’ health and well-being