From 9am, Friday 18 June 2021
All libraries will have a limit of 75 people at any one time with the exception of Realm (50 per floor), Montrose (68), and Belgrave Express (30).
Yarra Ranges Libraries
Eastern Regional Libraries Conditions Of Entry
- Library users must register their visit by using the QR Code or by registering in the Visitors’ Contact Log.
- A family group can enter by one registration using the QR Code or by registering in the Visitors Contact Log.
- A face mask must be worn at all times, unless the person has a *lawful reason not to.
- The hand sanitiser provided must be used before entry to the library.
- Please do not enter the library if you are unwell. You may be requested to leave if you display any symptoms of being unwell.
- Whilst every care will be taken library customers are using our facilities at their own risk.
- In the interest of health, safety and well-being to all, members must comply with all directives from the nominated Officer-in–charge.
Cash payments are no longer accepted. Only credit/debit card payment available
Face masks – *lawful reasons:
Face masks must be worn, unless a person has a lawful reason not to.
- Infants and children under the age of 12 years.
- A person who is affected by a relevant medical condition, including problems with their breathing, a serious condition of the face, a disability or a mental health condition.
- Persons who are deaf or hard of hearing, where the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication.
- Persons for whom wearing a face mask would create a risk to that person’s health and safety related to their work, as determined through OH&S guidelines.
- When directed to remove the face mask to ascertain identity.
- During emergencies.
Food and Drink in the Libraries
Library Users may consume food and drink in the library in a manner that maintains a clean, safe, and pleasant environment and minimises the risk of damage to library books, equipment, and other property.
- Drinks must be in spill-proof containers e.g., water bottle, takeaway coffee
- Foods that are messy, and strong-smelling should be avoided
- Food and drink should be in single serves and not shared
- No food may be delivered to the library
At the end of your visit, wipe down your area with the disposable sanitiser wipes provided. Please discard all wrappers and empty containers, clean up after yourself, and report and action on any spillage immediately.
J P Cullen
In-person Storytime has been suspended until further notice. In the meantime, our Online Storytime program has resumed on Facebook, weekdays at 11am. Kids can also enjoy a wide range of ‘boredom buster’ activities on our YouTube page, presented by Your Library’s Children’s Librarians.
Some library hours have changed – check here to view the current hours
The libraries are no longer closed from 1pm-2pm (except Montrose).
Libraries have resumed normal Sunday operating hours.