- Joining the library is FREE.
- Applicants must present proof of identity at time of joining.
Applicants under the age of 18 must have their application signed by a guarantor.
- The guarantor will be responsible for any library material that is lost, damaged or stolen whilst on loan to the person aged under 18.
Guarantors must agree to be responsible for the members’ choice of library material borrowed, consulted in the library, or accessed via the internet from library equipment or personal devices that access ERLC networks.
Members may borrow and return library materials at any of ERLC’s branches, mobile libraries or reading rooms.
- Members will be issued with a library card which must be presented at all times when using any library service.
- All library material is deemed to be a community resource and is the responsibility of the Member whilst on loan to him or her.
If library materials are lost, damaged or stolen whilst in the member’s care, the member will be charged the full cost of the item/s and a processing fee.
Whilst all care is taken in maintaining the quality of the audio visual collection which can be borrowed for use in your own equipment, items are borrowed at your own risk.
- All library materials are issued for a three week loan period.
Members are automatically subscribed to the Eastern Regional Libraries eNewsletter upon joining; you may opt out of this service at any time.
All items may be borrowed for up to 3 weeks and will be renewed twice automatically (a total of 9 weeks), unless they are reserved by another member.
You will be notified via email regarding the status of your item renewals, overdues, reminders and reservations).
It is ERLC policy to impose an overdue fee on library items that are not returned by the due date.
Charges for overdue items:
- 30c per item per day (maximum of $10 per item for adults and $5 for children).
Fees are charged per item, each day they are overdue until they reach the maximum charge.
Charges will apply to items returned after the due date. The charge is calculated from the first day after the due date, including Sundays.
Borrowing may be suspended if outstanding charges are over $10. There is no concession benefit.
- Members are automatically billed for the cost of the item, 28 days after the due date.
You can avoid overdue charges by:
Returning items by the due date at any branch of Eastern Regional Libraries or in the after-hours book return chutes.
Renewing items by the due date either in person, by phone or at any branch of Eastern Regional Libraries.
Managing your loans online at yourlibrary.com.au by logging into your account with your library card and PIN.