Frequently Asked Questions
What is it?
Click for Home Delivery is a postal service that allows you to keep on borrowing from the library now that Stage 3 stay-at-home restrictions are in place. A box of library items will be delivered to your address by Australia Post. There are three sizes of box and each member can have one delivery each month.
If you’re not a member and would like access to our services, join here
How do I get started?
You can place holds on items that you want, or ask the library to make a selection for you by phoning local branch or ringing 1300 737 277; or through the Feedback form
You will need your library card number and PIN to place holds through the online catalogue.
How much can I borrow?
Library staff will try to fill a box with your holds or requests. The boxes hold approximately these amounts:
- Small – 2-3 small paperbacks or DVDs
- Medium – 3-4 large format fiction paperbacks
- Large – 3-4 large format non-fiction or 10-15 children’s books
It may not be possible to include all your requests in one box, we will do our best.
Each member can have one delivery each month.
When will my package arrive?
Unfortunately, we can’t tell you when your parcel will arrive, but allow plenty of time, as there is currently a high volume of parcel post.
How can I speed up the process?
If you place holds on items that are on shelf at your home branch, these items will be picked, processed and sent with little delay. Items that are on loan, in transit or available at another branch may be subject to delays.
How do I return my items?
Please return your items when you are able. All fines are turned off.
The Library chutes are open 24/7 but please adhere to government directives to stay at home unless fulfilling one of these five tasks:
- shopping for what you need – food and essential supplies
- medical, care or compassionate needs
- exercise in compliance with the public gathering requirements
- work and study if you can’t work or learn remotely
- visiting friends and family- if you really need to
Please note: there will be a delay of at least 48 hours before the items are removed from your account.
What if I don’t want my holds posted to me?
You can suspend your hold/s for a designated time (say 6 months) and you will return to the same queue position when the time is up or you choose to un-suspend your hold.
You can either do this by logging into your account online here or getting in contact with our staff.
What else do I need to know?
- Staff are available to take your call between 9am-5pm on weekdays.
- Once per month means approximately once every 4 weeks.
- Member means someone with their own library card.
- Practice good hand hygiene when handling any materials from the library.
- If you, or anyone in your household, has been unwell please do not return library materials until fully recovered.